BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome To My Void!

Unlike any other void, mine isn't exactly empty... Thanks for visiting, I hope you have a great time!

Feel free to look around and CONTACT ME ABOUT ANYTHING AT: static.void@rocketmail.com

Also see my WEBSITE

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

I know, I know... the writing here sucks, but I thought this was an interesting piece, I just happened to read it as I scrolled down to the bottom of my Word Document to continue writing. Just thought I'd share it with you since I haven't posted in almost a MONTH :O


SO SO SOOOOO SORRY! Once again... school... I HAVE to blame it...

so here it goes... oh btw... this is an old piece (almost at the beginning of the story)... (and Alazard is dead... he dies shortly after this entry... just felt I had to tell you this...)

And for those who don't know... Avid is a Tormentor, created by Lieunidous, the god of Torment, but he's not exactly evil... not even slightly, thus he is a threat to the god as he may be the key component to kill the god of Torment... and a lot of people hate him because he's a Tormentor, including all the gods, even the one who made him... which kinda sucks... hehe

“I understand, I’ll tell you everything…” Alazard began, “Demetri had once been a great empire, but since the god of Torment wanted his people’s lands to expand, Lieunidous created the Tormentor.”

“Lieunidous is the only god?”

“No, there is Parcassis, god of Triumph, whom most Parcians worship. Catalina is the god of Fertility and Othello is the god of Richness. The Monastarious folk also have a god, Mona, whom doesn’t exist.”

“They worship a god who doesn’t exist?” Avid asked chuckling.

“Yes, it is a shamefull thing really.” Alazard explained, “There are only four gods, therefore they have none.”

“Why don’t they worship another god?”

“You’re born into religion, Avid. The gods each chose an empire over two thousand years ago. Back then there were thousands of cultures, but the four gods only chose one for them each. Cultures collided and fought, but soon realized they had to merge or they would soon feel the power of the gods, so only five remained. The Monastarians did not choose a god, but created one, themselves. If your father’s culture was Parcian then you’d have no other god than Parcassis, the other gods won’t heed your prayers… and betraying your god would most likely get you killed.”

“Like me?” Avid asked nodding his head.

“Yes, exactly like you.”

“You said that my dad’s culture would decide my religion, right?” Avid asked, “Then does that mean that my dad was a Lieudorian?”

“You have to understand this, Avid.” Alazard spoke, “Because you are a spawn of the god of Torment, you don’t have parents.”

8 comments:

Emilia Plater said...

Holy what. Great teaser!! Love the story here :)

Static Void said...

Thanks Emilia :)

Amna said...

I agree with Emilia!

Very hooking storyline :)

Bidisha said...

LOVE how it ends..tantalising

Static Void said...

Thanks Amna! :)

Static Void said...

Thank you Bee

You guys don't think it's a bit.. I don't know.. plain? there's not much emotion?

Karla Calalang said...

This was amazing! ANd I don't think it's plain or lacks emotion. Good job!

Static Void said...

Thanks Karla :)

Well, I have to say one thing though... good feedback sure does inspire one to write!