BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome To My Void!

Unlike any other void, mine isn't exactly empty... Thanks for visiting, I hope you have a great time!

Feel free to look around and CONTACT ME ABOUT ANYTHING AT: static.void@rocketmail.com

Also see my WEBSITE

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

This is my Teaser Tuesday for today before I'm off to bed, hope you enjoy it- it's not great, but it's something at least. :P


He opened his eyes. It was dark. His feet shot down, towards the ground and his sneakers made a soft sound when it hit the carpet. He was in a room, a familiar one, but not the one he fell asleep in.

Their old, big television set was as dark as it had almost always been. He seldom watched TV these days.

He curled his back in order to see the front door: making sure he shut it after the pizza arrived. The pizza was ice-cold and so was he.

Reluctantly he urged his disappointed body upright, putting the pizza into the microwave.

He listened to it pop every now and then, removing it only to find it still slightly cold. He never usually ate pizza like that, but his disappointment got the upper hand of him.

He plunged onto the couch effortlessly, eating his pizza unpleasantly.

Was it all a dream? Avid glanced at the clock above the fireplace. It was only half past eleven at the time. His few hours in Alucard played in his head, just like the dream before it had.

A sudden knock on the door startled Avid back to reality. His heart throbbed, his skin tingled and his knees felt weak.

“Hey Av- Whoa! Trick or treat?”

It was Fredrik; the most trustworthy person on earth and Avid’s best friend.

“Wh-what?” Avid asked dimly and very confused.

“The makeup and the horns- oh and the eyes too? Those contacts look like real fire! Where’d you get them?! I could get some too and we’ll scare up the whole-”

Avid turned around, making his way toward the mirror mounted on the side of the stairs. His reflection looked just like him, except for the two black-brown horns, the scratches on his face and the eyes he could now suddenly feel incinerating his eyeballs.

“Fredrik,” Avid said, shooting his head back toward his friend, “come in and close the door. I have something to tell you.”

Fredrik did as he was ordered and followed Avid into the living room, sitting down on the lazy-boy couch across from him.

“What I’m about to tell you, you can’t tell anyone, you understand that?”

“Yeah,” Fredrik said unsure, “sure… You know me, I won’t tell a soul.”

Avid hesitated and Fredrik’s face began to demonstrate signs of worry. There was a short awkward silence between the two friends before Avid finally spoke.

“I had this dream.”

6 comments:

Emilia Plater said...

Love, love, love the atmosphere! Seriously dark and creepy. That last line is awesome. Great tease!

CJ Paris said...

AHHH, cliffhanger! Great job! Can't wait to read more!

Static Void said...

@Emilia, thanks I was going for that sort of atmosphere! I'm glad you noticed it :D

@CupofDice, thanks Dice! (I can call you that right?). Sorry though, you'll have to wait a bit :D

CJ Paris said...

Yes! Better than Cup or Cupo or Cupa, as some AW members are apt to call me in irc.

Ah, no prob then. If you ever need a beta, you know who to call.

Amna said...

Awesome static! the mood was definitely creepy and somewhat chilly. I like how you build up the tension until it climaxes as the cliff hanger!

Static Void said...

@Dice, Sure thing! I would love to have you as a beta anytime! :D

@Amna (GP!), THANKS! :D :D :D
I wasn't too fond of this Teaser at first, but when I read it again I realized: This isn't too bad :) it only needs a bit of touching up, but the idea is good. haha