BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome To My Void!

Unlike any other void, mine isn't exactly empty... Thanks for visiting, I hope you have a great time!

Feel free to look around and CONTACT ME ABOUT ANYTHING AT: static.void@rocketmail.com

Also see my WEBSITE

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - "Radiance"

So yesterday I thought: wouldn't it be funny if Aylana had to get some wild flowers which would soothe Avid's pain, but the only ones she could find were theses that were used to make Radiance?


Radiance is a drug made by teenagers (and some adults) which soothe pain, but that arouse certain sexual desires.

(the part when this actually happens is soon to come)

“Where’s Aylana?” Avid finally asked.

“She’s in the forest, collecting wild flowers to soothe your pain.” Leo replied.

Avid was glad she was going to be with him, even if he feared her getting hurt; he felt stronger and braver when she was around. He also felt safer around her: it meant he wasn’t alone with Leo, his potential threat and enemy.

A few minutes later Aylana returned with a bundle of wild flowers swinging by her side, wiping the skin of her beautiful tanned leg. In her other hand she held a hip flask. She smiled warmly at him and held out the flowers.

“Aw, for me?” Avid joked.

“They’re for your head.” Aylana remarked. Blushing feebly she turning to Leo who gave her a strange look, “These were the only ones I could find! And they do the same thing as Repatite flower- except they have a few other qualities as well.”

“We’d better tie him down.” Leo chuckled, or we’re going to have a problem on our hands.”

“What do you mean?” Avid asked staring into nothing.

Leo broke a stick in half on his knee, which startled Avid in such a way that he almost yelped. He looked at Aylana who was giggling because of this. The two halves of the sticks were thrown into the fire and Leo said, “I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?” Avid asked suspiciously.

“We’re running low on firewood.” Leo replied, gesturing to a small heap of sticks lying a few feet from the fire.

Avid’s eyes followed him until he disappeared out of sight. “I don’t trust him anymore.”

“Because he’s an ex-Tormentor?” Aylana asked staring into his fiery eyes.

“You knew?!” Avid asked semi angry.

“He told me when we reached this clearing.” Aylana replied softly, “I believe him Avid. I’ve known him almost all my life. My parents practically raised me; he’s like a brother to me.”

“Did your parents know about his secret?”

“It’s possible.” Aylana replied, “They wouldn’t have told me if they did, just in case I would let something slip or reject Leo for who he is.”

“So what are you going to do with these flowers exactly?” Avid asked changing the subject willingly.

“They’re pain killers, sort of.” Aylana replied grinning.

“Sort of?” Avid asked worriedly.

“Well,” She replied repositioning herself in front of Avid, “They’re a kind of drug, really. It’s going to make you a bit light headed and… arouse a few other feelings. The local kids used this to make Radiance to put them on a trip and to get them in the mood.”

Alucard’s kids were just as messed up as Earth’s, Avid thought. They used drugs too and it was available freely in the woods.

“You’ve used this?” Avid asked grinning too, “Except for medical purposes?”

“Yes,” Aylana replied, “I have once. I was stupid really, wanting to fit in with the rest of the crowd, though the feeling it gives you is really, really… breathtaking.”

“What does it do?”

“You’ll see.”

2 comments:

Emilia Plater said...

LOVE the idea of Radiance! And that ending - must read more. Great teaser!

Static Void said...

lol, I've never written a scene which is coming after this... that's why I'm taking my time to think it over, lol